Published on June 29th, 2017 | from CAMH Education
CAMH Library: Happy Canada Day 2017!
In celebration of Canada Day, see below for Canadian sources on evidence-based practice resources on addiction or mental health topics.
Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Search across the site for information on promoting low risk drinking guidelines, prescription drug monitoring programs and more.
Access at http://www.cclt.ca/Eng/Pages/default.aspx
Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Search across the site for guidelines on such topics as peer support, recovery orientated practice, and support caregivers.
Access at https://www.mentalhealthcommission.ca
- Search for guidelines by keyword or browse by specific population.
Access at https://www.porticonetwork.ca/
Public Health Agency of Canada—Best Practices Portal
- A list of resources that provide information on planning programs that promote mental health and wellness.
Access at http://cbpp-pcpe.phac-aspc.gc.ca/public-health-topics/mental-health-and-wellness/
Multicultural Mental Health Resource Centre
- Browse the collection of guidelines on providing mental health care that is sensitive to the needs of special populations.
Access at http://www.multiculturalmentalhealth.ca/clinical-tools/guidelines/
Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Search for nursing best practice guidelines on such topics as person centred care, crisis intervention, assessing suicide risk and interventions for postpartum depression.
Access at http://rnao.ca/bpg
Have a safe and happy long weekend!